In the Wasco School Events Center, corner
of Barnett St. & McPherson St.
PO Box 202, Wasco, OR 97065
by a dedicated team of volunteers
The Wasco City/Community Library is an all volunteer library that has been a long
time tradition in our little city. The library is housed in the Old Wasco School at the corner of Barnett and McPherson
Streets. The library is partially funded through the generosity of the City of Wasco. However, without community
support of both time and money, the library could not continue to exist. Unlike the Gorge LINK libraries, we are not
state funded; however, we do work in partnership with them. Books can be ordered from Gorge LINK libraries through the internet
and dropped off and picked up at our library as a courier service to the community. You can even get a Gorge LINK library
card from us, but you don’t need it for the Wasco C/C Library books.
Other services available include two public access computers with printer, a copy machine, and WiFi
service within 400 ft. Although there is a small fee for printing and copies to cover expenses, all other services are
free of charge. We are a user friendly, self serve library, built upon the trust and co-operation of our borrowers.
Many of our patrons are impressed by the variety and amount of current selections available.
We have something for everyone:
non- fiction and childrens' sections are in the back room.
- For our pre-readers we have board books, videos
and DVDs including Baby Einstein and First Words Signing.
- Toddlers and preschoolers
will enjoy our picture books and Early Reading and Steps to Reading series.
- Kids love animal books and how-to books
of arts, science, and crafts.
- For the family, we have parenting books and family films.
- In our Oregon section, we have renowned authors
such as Rick Steber, Craig Lesley and our own Jane Kirkpatrick. We also have state and county history books, including
Sherman County’s “For the Record” donated by the Historical Society.
- The sports section includes outdoor activities, hunting,
fishing and wildlife, as well as books for team sports.
- We have an extensive collection of books on creative art forms for all
kinds of hobbyists including knitting and quilting.
- We have books on indoor and outdoor gardening and landscaping.
- For the farmer we have agriculture and livestock
- The history
buff will enjoy our biographies, Presidents, world, United States, and military history.
- Whet your appetite with our food section, with cookbooks
and books on canning and preserving.
- There are numerous books addressing the mind, body, and spirit, health and wellness.
- All genres of fiction enjoyed by both men and
women are available.
- We have books
on tape and CD and a large print section.
DONATE TO THE LIBRARY - It's easy!
Books and monetary donations can be dropped off at the library or mailed to Wasco C/C Library,
PO Box 202, Wasco, OR 97065. If you would like to pledge a donation, fill out the form below.